Mermaid Quay is private property.
The following rules are to be strictly adhered to:
If you wish to do a street collection for charity in Mermaid Quay, you need the written consent of Mermaid Quay management. This should be requested from the marketing manager (contact details below) at least two weeks prior to the proposed collection date(s). A City of Cardiff permit for collection is not required.
Mermaid Quay is only able to work with registered charities only.
When you make a request, you will need to provide details of proposed collection dates and times, the number of collectors, the nature of the collection and a letter of authorization from the charity.
Collections should not be made in such a manner as to inconvenience or annoy members of the public. A collector should, therefore, remain stationary and allow visitors to choose if they want to donate or not.
In cases where there is more than one collector, they must be at least 25 metres apart. We only permit cash collections. “Chugging” is not allowed. Mermaid Quay visitors should not at any time be asked for bank details or to set up a standing order.
Only one charity will be allowed on site at a time.
Collectors must comply with any and all requests from Mermaid Quay management and security staff in respect of location of collectors, manner of collection technique etc.
The management of Mermaid Quay reserves the right to ask any and all collectors to remove themselves from our site should any of the rules and regulations be broken.
The following general rules apply to all fund raising collections at Mermaid Quay:
- persons under the age of 16 are not permitted to act as collectors and it is the responsibility of the promoter of the collection to enforce this.
- every collector must carry a collecting box, which must be numbered and securely closed and sealed so that it cannot be opened without the seal being broken.
- the numbering of the collection boxes must be consecutive.
- all money received during a collection must immediately be placed in a collection box.
- all collection boxes must prominently display the name of the charity or fund for which the collection is taking place.
- all collection boxes must be opened in the presence of the promoter and another responsible person, except in cases where the unopened box is delivered straight to the bank (in which case the bank is permitted to open the collection box).
- the person opening the box must count the contents and enter the amount with the number of the collecting box on a list, which must be certified by that person.
- payments must not be made to any other collector, or any person, directly or indirectly connected with the promotion.
For more information about charity collections at Mermaid Quay please email email@example.com.