This summer, LEGO® brick fans and visitors to the Bay will be able to let their imaginations run wild at Mermaid Quay’s medieval fantasy land.
If you enjoy writing and are aged 12 or over, enter our short story competition and win a dinner for a family of four worth up to £75 from Bill’s Mermaid Quay.
With the theme of myths and legends, Mermaid Quay wants you to create a short story of no more than 1,000 words involving the nine models in the BRICKLIVE Fantasy Kingdom display, who are:
- Sir Macsen the Knight
- Princess Anwen
- Derwyn the Wizard
- Heledd the Huntswoman
- Tarygon the Dragon
- Brilliance the Unicorn
- Fang and Spike – two wolves
The stories will be judged by Gareth Hickey, Manager of Bill’s Mermaid Quay, and Mermaid Quay centre manager Justin Patel who will select one winner to receive vouchers for dinner for a family of four worth up to £75 at Bill’s Mermaid Quay.
Mermaid Quay Centre Manager Justin Patel said:
“The Fantasy Short Story competition is the perfect place for budding writers to test their story writing skills and be in with the chance to win a fabulous prize. We hope our mythical creatures together with Wales’ rich heritage of magical and mystical tales and legends gives writers plenty of scope for creativity. I look forward to reading the entries.”
To enter, please:
Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to Linda Welch, Mermaid Quay Management Suite, Bute Street, Cardiff Bay CF10 5BZ
Hand deliver to the management suite at Mermaid Quay (on the first floor of the atrium, by The Glee Club) marked for the attention of Linda Welch.
Your entry must arrive before the closing date which is midnight on Sunday 8th September. Please include your name and email address so that we can contact you if you win.
Competition terms & conditions:
- Your story must be no longer that 1,000 words
- Your story must be family friendly and must not include offensive language or any material that promotes or supports bullying, cruelty to animals, drugs, racism, sexual intercourse or sexual behaviour, terrorism, torture; entries that breach these rules will be automatically disqualified from entry to the competition.
- You must be 12 years of age to enter.
- Entries must be received before midnight on Sunday 8th September. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
- The winner will be contacted by email no later than midnight on Sunday 17th September; if the winner has not responded within 7 days of the issue of the email, the award will be voided and another winner will be selected; if that winner has not responded within 7 days of the issue of the email, the award will be voided and another winner selected; and so on until a winner is found.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one story entry per person.
- Stories must be original and not previously published on any websites etc, or submitted for/shortlisted in any other writing competitions.
- Handwritten stories must be legible to judged. Those that are deemed illegible will be disqualified.
- By entering you are giving permission for your name and your story to be shared in on the Mermaid Quay website/social media and other marketing.
- No purchase necessary.
- Employees of Mermaid Quay, JLL and Bill’s, their families, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with the competition and/or prize are not permitted to enter.
- Entry instructions are deemed to be part of the rules and entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of the rules.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this promotion at any time.
- We reserve the right not to award the prize if the judges agree that none of the entries meet high enough standards.
Prize terms & conditions
- Voucher up to the value of £75.
- Must be redeemed within 4 weeks of date of issue.
- No cash alternative or change given.
- To be used in Bill’s Cardiff Bay only.
Copyright © Brick Live Group Limited. All rights reserved. Brick Live Group Limited is an independent producer of BRICKLIVE and is not associated with the LEGO group of companies. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Juris A/S.