Mermaid Quay is one of Cardiff’s top venues for licensed professional busking. Every year thousands of people come to the waterfront, visiting our restaurants, cafés, bars and shops/services as well as just chilling out.
We welcome buskers all year round, although as Mermaid Quay is an outdoor venue, the summer months are most popular. Busking NOT permitted without prior approval.
This is a unique busking opportunity for all performers including:
- Living Statues
- Street Entertainers
If you are interested in applying to busk at Mermaid Quay, please email email@example.com with a brief description of your performance & music style (including how many people are part of the performance) and a link to a demo video/YouTube clip or similar. Please also let us know when you would like to play and confirm if you need power.
Children under 14 aren’t allowed to busk at Mermaid Quay.
We will then get in touch with you direct to sort out the paperwork. Please be aware that Mermaid Quay is an outdoor venue. There is no cover available for buskers to use in heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions.
All buskers must agree to abide by Mermaid Quay’s strict site rules regarding site access, health & safety and other issues, as detailed in the Terms & Conditions below.
MERMAID QUAY (MQ) BUSKING – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Buskers are not permitted to perform without prior arrangement. Any performers found to be ‘fly’ busking will be removed from site by Security and all future busking dates will be cancelled. Contact Mermaid Quay at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
- All busking performances will take place in the location identified by Mermaid Quay staff on the day of the performance. The busking location may vary, depending on what other events are taking place. Buskers are not permitted to move to another location without the express permission of Mermaid Quay staff.
- MQ operates a strict Site Access / Permit to Work system for all buskers, who will be supplied with a Site Access Permit Request form once a performance date has been confirmed. This must be completed, signed and returned to email@example.com at least 3 working days in advance of the performance date.
- If professional buskers have their own Public Liability Insurance, a copy of this must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the performance date.
- On arrival at MQ, all buskers must report to Security to collect their Site Access Permit before they set-up. Security is located in the Mermaid Quay Management Office, the entrance to which is between Yakitori#1 and Zia Boutique on Bute Street. Through the double glass doors into the Atrium, up the stairs and the management office is in the right hand corner. Simply press the security buzzer and a member of the team will assist you. Buskers must also sign out with Security before they leave site.
- Busking times on the Quayside (outside The Dock) are flexible between 12 midday and 8pm. Alternative timings can be arranged in advance as part of the approval process above.
- Sound levels must be kept to a minimum. If buskers are asked by security to reduce the volume of their performance, they must do so immediately and without argument. Volume levels must then remain at the reduced level.
- MQ will supply all buskers with the official MQ busking mat and rubber matting for covering electrical cables. These items must be returned to Security at the end of each day, when signing out.
- All electrical equipment used on site at MQ must have valid Electrical Safety Testing (PAT Certificates). All buskers must ensure that all trailing wires and cables (whether their own or belonging to MQ) are covered by the matting and are not a hazard to the public or themselves. Buskers are expected to ensure they do not create any other Health & Safety issues of any sort whilst on site.
- MQ is a pedestrianised zone – vehicular access is not permitted. Buskers must carry their equipment on and off site.
- Parking is available in Mermaid Quay’s two-level visitor car park for vehicles no higher than 2m. The entrance is on Stuart Street. The car park operates on a ticketless parking system, using the latest automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) technology. Buskers must pay for their own parking in the normal way.
- If buskers are asked to make any changes to their set-up (including location and orientation), by MQ Centre Management or Security, they must comply immediately and without argument.
- MQ is a quality, family environment. All buskers must behave, dress and perform in a manner appropriate to this environment and to keep the performance area neat and tidy.
- MQ Centre Management takes no responsibility for any losses or thefts of performance equipment at any time, including during set-up and de-rig.
- If for any reason a busker has to cancel a performance, including due to poor weather, they must email email@example.com immediately and contact MQ Security on 02920 480077.
These Terms & Conditions must be adhered to – they are part of MQ’s strict site rules to ensure safety at all times for visitors and to minimise negative impact on tenants.
For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org